by Aaron Fox
Pistons GT is prepared to take on Jazz Gaming tonight, the team’s first pair of games since THE TURN. While Detroit enjoyed their bye, Utah had a flawless 4-0 week seven, taking down Lakers Gaming and Magic Gaming two times apiece.
As the playoff picture begins to form, Pistons GT now finds themselves on the outside looking in, sitting sixth in the Western Conference at 9-7. Two wins against a conference opponent could prove to be important as Detroit looks to close out the second half of their regular season strongly.
Jazz Gaming recently made a trade, reacquiring former starting shooting guard Lotty from Bucks Gaming last week. Utah parted ways with Expose and a 2022 second-round selection in the deal. Tonight, Lotty is expected to make his first starts with the team since Jazz Gaming was eliminated from the semifinals last year. Lotty recorded averages of 10.2 points and 1.6 assists during his stint in Milwaukee.
Detroit made one of their own roster moves last week, adding Idris as a conditional player in place of Charger. While he isn’t expected to start tonight, Idris averaged 15.5 points, 3 assists, and 1 steal per game in 2 appearances for Pistons GT earlier this season.
Ramo vs. Ria
Jazz Gaming features one of the strongest overall starting lineups any team has to offer across the league, but all eyes will be on one matchup in particular. Two elite talents at the center position face off with each other in Ramo and Ria. During THE TURN, Ramo averaged 22.3 points against WGS and a double-double (10ppg-11rpg) against WDG.
Ria, former first overall pick (2019), is enjoying another season as one of the top bigs in the NBA 2K League. Posting averages of 14.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 3.9 assists, and a combined 2.3 steals/blocks per game, Ria is one of the toughest assignments Ramo will be tasked with during the season.
Pistons GT (9-7)
- PG Radiant: (26.1ppg-8.8apg-1.1spg-2.4topg-53%-48%)
- SG Cooks: (19.0ppg-1.5apg-1.5spg-1.0topg-56%-56%)
- SF Pexile: (6.6ppg-0.6apg-1.0spg-66%-56%)
- PF Milo: (7.1ppg-5.1rpg-0.4spg-0.6bpg-53%-46%)
- C Ramo: (15.9ppg-11.6rpg-2.8apg-1.2spg-1.2bpg-75%)
- Last Five: Loss vs. Wizards District Gaming (70-56), Loss vs. Wizards District Gaming (66-61), Win vs. Bucks Gaming (79-71), Win vs. Bucks Gaming (76-75), Loss vs. Mavs Gaming (74-72)
Jazz Gaming (11-7)
- PG Splashy (32.3ppg-9.3apg-0.7spg-57%-49%)
- SG Lotty (10.2ppg-1.6apg-0.6spg-63%-54%)
- SF Compete (7.6ppg-1.2apg-1.2spg-66%-57%)
- PF Lord Beezus (8.8ppg-4.3rpg-1.1spg-0.9bpg-61%-52%)
- C Ria (14.3ppg-13.3rpg-3.9apg-1.2spg-1.1bpg-74%)
- Last Five: Win vs. Magic Gaming (83-65), Win vs. Magic Gaming (75-59), Win vs. Lakers Gaming (75-61), Win vs. Lakers Gaming (86-59), Win vs. Pacers Gaming (87-85)
Catch all of the action on the NBA 2K League’s Twitch and YouTube channels. Pistons GT is set to tip off at 7 PM and 8 PM this evening. In addition to Utah, Pistons GT is slated to square off with Heat Check Gaming this week (7/29 @ 7 PM). Follow @PistonsGT and @NBA2KLeague on Twitter for more updates.